Friday, May 23, 2014

The Journey Start's Here

Hello Everyone!!!

After 3 interviews, packing an unpacking I have finally made it to my destination.

I have teamed up with two other wonderful ladies and I have taken a job mentoring teenage girls (10-17yr olds) We call ourselves House Moms. This is a going to be a great experience, even when the road will seem bumpy at times I know that this is where I am suppose to be. It's such a great feeling knowing that this is the path that God choose for you. Who knows I might still be working at my old job day dreaming and thinking where I was suppose to be and then never listening when God was clearly pointing out all the signs.

In my morning devotion I came across two passages that really stuck out to me and are perfect for what I am going through. We at the house call that Godronic.

#1. John 16:33 "I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world."

Now in this passage it speaks volumes to me. Especially with what is to come in the next year. In this passage Jesus is telling the disciples to take courage. In spite of the inevitable struggles that we would face, we wiykd not be alone. Jesus does not aboandon us to our struggles. We can remember that the ultimate victory has already been won, we can claim the peace of Christ in the most troublesome times. I know that I am going to hold on to theses words. There are going to be days when I feel like God has totally abandoned me but I will have Faith.

#2. Psalm 27:14 Wait for the LORD; be strong and take heart and wait for the LORD.

This piece of scripture is what I used before I joined this team. I used this mostly praying that Gods timing is perfect (future husband)  and that he knows what is right for me. When your in your 30s all your friends are getting married and having babies you get really discouraged about your life. Knowing that Gods plans are going to far out way your own though, that's a pretty sweet feeling. Now with this scripture waiting on God is not easy. Often it seems that he is;t answering our prayer or doesn't understand the URGENCY of our situation. That kind of thinkning implies that God is not in contorl or is not fair. But God is worth waiting for. In Lamentations 3:24-26 calls us to hope in and wait for the Lord because often God uses waiting to refresh, renew, and teach us. I've been trying to make good use of my times of waiting by discovering what od may be trying to teach me. In this next year I am going to learn a LOT.

Now, that I shared a little about the scriptures that have been near and dear to my heart let me share with you the journey so far.

This week we have met with so many different orginizations to help us train for what is to come. They have been some long hours but enjoyable. We wake up at 7:30 due our normal routine (get ready, morning devotion, breakfast) Just depends on what we have to do that day. Then we finish with the overview around 10:30pm. We are still all excited about what we are doing we talk and then watch a show called Half the Sky. It is a very powerful series we only watch about  half hour of the show because by the time we get the movie started and ready it is 11:30pm-midnight and we are getting in bed by 1 and then the up at it again in the morning. Days are long and very tiring but it'll be all worth it. I've talked to a few people and sometimes I think that they picture my job as sitting watching TV all day. Yaaaaaayyyy that's not the case at all. It is 110% of your mind, body and soul. Other than that we have been extermly busy that our time on the computer is a last priority. I have been journaling everyday though so I can have my memories. Thanks for stopping by.....See ya soon in a few days.

*I can't go into a lot of detail on here for the privacy of the other house moms and girls*

No comments:

Post a Comment