Monday, August 22, 2011

Grandma's Warm Chocolate Chip Cookies

The next person I'm going to talk about who has been an encourager, loving, and gives great advice...Her name is Elizabeth, but I call her Grandma!!




Ever since I was a little girl my grandma has encouraged me to follow my dreams and be the best that I can be!! Recently (well a few months ago)I accomplished one of my goals and my grandma was right there with me from the begining to the end. I love her for that. My grandma and I have a very special bond. This bond started when I was born. My mom, dad and I lived with my grandma and grandpa Welch for a few months after I was born. When I go and visit my grandma she tells me stories on how she loved watching me and the other 13 grandchildren growing up. You see my dad's side of the family are very close, some closer than others, but we still are there for them no matter what. This leads us swimming at my grandparents house every summer, having sleep-overs when Allison came in town, going to Mohican a whole week with the family and being at grandmas house in the morning playing cards before school, because my parents had to be at their jobs early. No matter what, when I was younger our whole family would get together. We would make up excuses to get together (we still do!)

My Grandma is the sweetest, funniest, best baker/cook, encourager, warm hearted, greatest hug giver you will ever meet. She encourages not only me but other people around her. I love my Grandma very much and enjoy spending time with her. She is the only one that will tell me how it is. She is one of my best friends I can go to her about anything EVEN GUYS and she always has good advice. I haven't been visiting her as much as I should be. After I'm done with this I'm going to go and visit her. You never know what she's going to share...Mandy, do you remember what she said about the broken bed?? LOL!!! There is just something about listening to stories about true love, what your parents did when they were your age and how each and everyone in our family is such a blessing.

*So if you have a Grandma as great as mine you should go and visit her and let her know how much you love and care about her. Grandma's like to hear that. Oh, and don't forget to give her a big hug too. That's the gift that keeps on giving!! Who knows you just might get some nice warm Chocolate Chip cookies. YUMMY
Hope you enjoyed yourselves!

No comments:

Post a Comment