Saturday, August 27, 2011

The Myth of Chalky Road

Several years ago my friend Joel and Kelly decided we were going to go on an advanture to the so called "Chalky Road" also known as Gunn Road. We had heard about this from a few Springfield guys that were talking about it at a party. So one night when we were soooo bored we embarked on our adventure to Gunn Road. As we where about to turn onto Gunn Rd we started to get really freaked out, because down this road it was creepy and NO lights. Here is how what happened:

Joel turned down the road in his brand new sebring convertible. Kelly was sitting in the passanger seat and I was in the back not knowing what to expect. We were literally going 25-30 down the road not knowing what we will see. We were about 20 yards down the road and my friend Joel just stopped his car, and then he said "WHAT IS THAT?!?!" Kelly and I both started to scream because in the corn field staring straight at us was a guy with long black hair wearing a red vest and his eyes were kind of reflecting. As we were screaming Joel stepped on the gas and went another 30 yards there was another guy standing in the cornfeild. He was wearing like a gray t-shirt and was bald. That was when we just kept screaming and yelled Joel just to get out of there. We ended up seeing the guy in the red vest and by this time we were really freaked out. We turned down a side street so we could turn around because there was no outlet. When we turned down the road a guy was getting ready to stand up from behind a fire hydrant. Didn't really like this, by the time we turned around we were crying, some of us peed alittle because we were so scared and I just wanted to be home. We ended up driving back down Gunn Rd. so we could get out of there and there was 3 people instead of the 2 we saw. There was a lady. Joel just put the pedal to the medal and didnt care if he hit anyone because we wanted to get out of there.

After that night we called our friends and told them what had happened that night. We planned to go the following weekend with a video camera. We loaded up Kelly's Big Blue van and had the camera ready to start. As we turned down that road my heart started to race and I for sure we were going to see the people again. NOTHING HAPPENED!!! It was a good thing. We did however had fun being scared girls and guys. I think that night we ended up going to the haunted orphanage which is just as scary. I don't know why we liked to put us in those situations but we did. I swore that I was never going to go back there. Well that all changed because last night I did.

My friend Nathan and Teddy came over and we were looking for something to do. Driving around Rossford was not cutting it for us. I tried to find where the haunted orphanage was and that was an epic fail. Then I remembered Chalky road. I told them about it and they were eager to go so we did. On the way there I was freaking out. My heart started to race and I felt a panic. We turned down the road and this time it looked different. Still really erie but they had started building houses down the street. As we went down the street nothing was happening. I started getting the same feeling. There was nothing! We went back down a 2nd time and I slowly went by this area and that's when I saw it. A person standing in the area with white pants and a yellow shirt. After I saw that I just booked it down the street. Didn't even stop at the stop sign. Ya, I'm a big rebel! Anyways, I should of listened to Nathan because he did not want to go back down that road because it was so erie and creepy, to top it off it was really foggy, only on that road. CRAZY!!! It was a fun night though all in all. Made me feel like I was that young, crazy, without a care in the world and of course being with the greatest people I grew up with. My friends are just AMAZING and really know how to cheer me up.

I found a link about chalky road myth. Check it out here for yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment