Monday, February 11, 2013

Things I take seriously...FRIENDSHIP

This past weekend I got to get away from life for awhile. Away from my small town. A 4 1/2 hour up north to an isolated little area deep in the woods. I will go in depth with the 2nd part but I wanted to share or more less write down a little sneak peek into what was probably one of the greatest weekends in a long time.



My day started out like any other day. Got up early to get ready. Prayed about the day ahead of me. I knew it was going to be a much needed weekend! I actually need this weekend more than I thought. Anyways, I had a great weekend!!(Another Blog) Well, let's get back to the "time to think". I had some good conversations this weekend. Really bonded with a lot of the high schoolers and leaders. It was a perfect getaway weekend. Then I found out some information that really just broke my heart. Shattered it. Being traded by a friend is one of those pains in your heart you don't know how to take it. I'm still really confused about the whole situation but I am going to talk to the person about it. Not an easy conversation to have but, not an easy one to have. It will either turn out really bad or be one of the best conversations.

Friendship is a very important thing to me. People always tell me that I have a lot of friends. I think I do but there is a handful that I honestly think as friends. The one that you can call anytime of the day or night. Cares for you as a person and is there for you when your world is flipped upside down. Great listeners and great advice givers. I really do have some amazing people in my life. (Another Blog Idea) Like my family. I consider them my best friends. They are the people who will always be there for you and will never leave you hanging on to only memories. As you get older people that you think are your friends are really not. They may have been during that season of your life. That also doesn't mean that they should be apart of your life now. It's hard to explain this concept right now, because I feel like I am still trying to understand this. I enjoy everyone of my friendships but there are a few that I could do with out. It's hard because I love and care for these people but, the way that they treat me or bring me down, well, there's NO room for that in my life!! This doesnt mean that I don't love or care about them. Just don't have room for that in my life. Things need to change but, if they are not then I am going to have to ask them to leave. I kind of sound like a snob or a little crabby. Sorry. This is just how I feel. I learned so much this weekend and I really have some great people in my life that are positive people and don't bring me down or the drama.

Wait, for the blog about how the Spring hill retreat was one of the best retreats in a long time! Lots of bonding and memories were made this past weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment